- June 16 in-person hands-on training, part 2 of 2
June 16, 2021
8:00 am - 11:00 am
- July 12 Zoom lecture, part 1 of 2
July 12, 2021
8:00 am - 1:00 pm
- July 15 in-person hands-on training, part 2 of 2
July 15, 2021
8:00 am - 11:00 am
Sign up online & immediately reserve your seat in this 8-hour HYBRID online/in-person training event to attain the Lead Safe Renovator certification from the State of Wisconsin’s Department of Health Services (DHS). This education is mandated for painters, remodelers (including general remodelers, siders, window installers, wood floor sanders, and all their subcontractors) and property managers who remodel pre-1978 housing or child-occupied buildings & disturb any coating (paint, stain, shellac or varnish). Veterans completing this course may be eligible for a one-time $50 fee waiver from WI’s Department of Health Services (DHS). The course is instructed solely in English; however, students wishing to do so are eligible to complete the mandatory written test in Spanish.
OTHER AGENCIES REQUIRING THIS TRAINING
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) with its Renovation, Repair & Painting (RRP) Rule
U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD) with its Lead Safe Housing Rule
Completing this course will earn students 8 CEUs toward their Dwelling Contractor Qualifier license from WI’s Department of Safety & Professional Services, as well as CEUs from the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI).
There will be two components to this course, in order:
1) An online lecture accessed using a computer or smartphone; speakers & video camera required. Access at https://zoom.us/j/4910260847, Meeting ID: 491 026 0847
2) An in-person event to complete hands-on training & testing. During the in-person session, a face mask and N95-minimum respirator are REQUIRED.
This is the headquarters of The Associated General Contractors (AGC) of Wisconsin. Free on-site parking & the training space entrance are located at the back of the building. The training room is located on the upper level.